Thursday, August 26, 2010

Two –For-One Day

Hi everyone! It is time for another edition of Thankful Thursday. Before I get to that, I wanted to share a bit of an update on the moving thing. It seems like things have gone very quickly since we talked to the people at the place we are moving to. We are going this morning to sign the lease. I am thrilled and kind of scared at the same time. So starting tomorrow we can actually start moving all our junk in. We got moving truck reserved already. Actually did it yesterday. I am hoping that with my plan of moving everything that we possibly can with the car, that we will only be left with some of the furniture, which will be only one to two trips.

The cat is another hurdle all together. I am thinking that the bed room stuff needs to be either the first stuff off the truck on September 2nd or the last stuff. My plan is to put the cat in the bed room with her litter box, food, and water and close the doors so she can not run out as we are moving the other stuff in. If the bed room furniture is the first thing off the truck, we can put that in the room and then put her in there. If it is the last to be taken off the truck, once it is in the house we can close the door and let her out of the room and put the furniture in.

The power and the cable/Internet/phone all will be done on Sept.1. Remind me that next time we move to not think that I can move and do school at the same time, cause this sucks…. Okay, on to Thankful Thursday!

As usual you can play along in the comments or in an entry of  your own…

  1. I am thankful for the ability and money to be able to move.
  2. I am thankful for my sanity, or what little there is left of it at this point.
  3. I am thankful that I actually thought all this stuff out.
  4. I am thankful that we will have help moving the heavy stuff
  5. And of course I am thankful to God for making this all possible!

4 comments:

  1. we moved in a two-day whirlwind the last weekend of january- it went smoothly because people helped us. putting the cat in the bedroom is a great idea.

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have moved like that too. This time, I actually have the time and Doug took a few days of vacation to do this. So, I think that it should go smoothly. This morning after signing the lease, I am going to go and look at the apartment, so I can get an idea of what is going to go where and all. I need to get in there and clean the kitchen and bathroom tomorrow I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck! I hate moving. We moved on Thanksgiving just the two of us moved everything. it was a long day. We got to bed about 2am and then woken up by the neighbor's dog barking at 4. It barked for 4 hours straight, at which point we had to get up cause the refrigerator would be there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is NO fun, unless you hire movers. Good plan with the cat. They stress out during moves and disappear.

    1- I am thankful I am alive to hug my child today
    2- I am thankful for my eyes and the ability to see the beauty in everything including the moth on the window.
    3- I am thankful that for my husband and children, because every day good or bad we are here together.
    4-I am thankful to be able to afford and have luxuries like power, running water, ice cubes, hot baths, washing machines, and yes the internet.
    5- I am thankful that there are thousands of wonderful people I would have never known about or read about had it not been for blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about yourself....