Saturday, August 7, 2010

Face Book Revisited

In the past, I am sure I have written about how sometimes it is very surreal being on Face book and ‘bumping’ into people from my past. Sometimes, it works out well and it is nice to reconnect, others not so much.

Well, yesterday was another surreal moment in my life. I bumped into someone I never thought that I would be seeing, let alone talking to again. Ever. Once we were as close as two people could be. I shared my pain and secrets with this person and I was fairly certain that those things would not be used against me.

The person of which I speak has seen me at my very worst and at what was my best for that time. Now, he is back in my life if only on Face book. We talked about the past and the present. It was eerie how it did not seem all that long ago when in reality it had been ten years at least. See, I had to let go of this person and move on because holding on would have meant a life of pain and heart break.

Letting go was the hardest thing I ever had to do but I knew that I had to do it for me. So, I let go and moved on. Of course this person crossed my mind on occasion. I always wondered what ever became of them and honestly I never actually thought that I would find out.

Things are different now for both of us and maybe we can be friends. It is nice to see them again and to talk to them. I have missed them very much some days. Wondering if I did the right thing or not. I know that I have. Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. I have mixed feelings about this 'reconnecting' thing... so I hope that you have better fortune with your friend than I think I have had with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a double edge sword and one of the main reasons i avoid using my real name online. sometimes, it's better to be not found.


    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole social networking thing is all still so new. I know a lot of good comes out of it for people, but I am afraid some bad comes out of it too. We are all still learning how to maneuver it all. Good luck with your situation.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about yourself....