Sunday, August 29, 2010

Saturday Recap

When there is something exciting happening, I can’t seem to sleep well. So, again last night I was up at 4am. I did go back to bed and slept until about 10am though. It was a later start than we wanted to get, but I was tired. Went to Wal-Mart and picked up most of the stuff on my list. There is a Dollar Tree next to Marshalls in the plaza, so Doug went there as well. After that I needed food so we went to a Ram’s Horn type place to eat. ( For my non Michigan friends it would be like a Perkins or Shoney's without the wonderful breakfast bar.) After we ate, we headed to the apartment. I had found a nice can opener, which is just your basic can opener for like $6 at Wal-Mart to get it back to the apartment and have a part missing, so that has to go back.

I just am going to exchange it because I still need an electric can opener and honestly this will do for now. I have so much kitchen stuff it is unreal. I am not sure why I decided I wanted all this stuff. So, now the job is to sort through again as we are putting it away or trying to find a place for it and possibly get rid of some of it. Eventually we are getting a new pan set, but for now I have quite a few that I wanted from here. We replaced the baking pans and such recently, so those we are keeping.

We got a lot done today, but my back is killing me! I did get the kitchen and bathroom cleaned and washed and put away the new glasses I got. Got some of the kitchen stuff put away too. I am so going to need a step ladder! Not a big deal. I also toured the place again and only found a couple of things that may need to be fixed.

Later today, we will do some more, not sure how much because we are both hurting. I did take pictures and I will put them in a slide who for  you all tomorrow sometime. I am glad that I might have Monday and Tuesday off from moving because I might need it for Wednesday and Thursday!! LOL. I think that is about it. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I hate the moving thing...we will have to move in the next 8 months and I am dreading it...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the moving is coming along really well!! Glad you found everything on your list at Walmart and the DOllar Tree... I love the Dollar stores!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about yourself....