Monday, June 7, 2010

Blogger & Doug

Okay, for those of you that don’t use Blogger to host your blogs you may not have known that I had been out for a long time! Which means no posts and no comments, so if you have tried and failed I am sorry.
It has been a crazy couple of days here. Let me start from the beginning as much as I can. Some of you know that last Thursday Doug was ill. He was sick all weekend and finally went to the hospital yesterday about 5pm. They kept him overnight because he had complications with his diabetes. Mainly acid was building up in his blood. It was a mild case, Thank God.
He was supposed to be home today, but they are keeping him another night to get his blood sugar regulated and hopefully get him on some medication schedule and a diet. Hopefully he will be home tomorrow around lunch time. This has been the major fight that we have had in almost 5 years together because he was not taking care of it.
I was there when the doctors came in and talked to him, which kinda made him mad because I heard everything. I think that the one lady doctor scared him pretty good about what could happen and that this incident was a wake up call. I will know more tomorrow and I will keep you all updated.

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how scared and uncertain he is right now, not to mention vulnerable. Hope the both of y'all can come together and figure out how to implement the changes Doug must make in his life.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about yourself....