Saturday, July 2, 2011

Making Mistakes and Owning Up

So, yesterday was a massively bad day for me. Sadly I wish I had stayed in bed and hid under the covers, it probably would have been a far better day for me then.

In case, you are wondering, no I have not been to bed yet. I can’t get my brain to shut off and let me relax. See, I made a couple of mistakes yesterday, although one was not made exactly yesterday, but I found out about it yesterday. So, I figure that I will not be able to sleep until I do something about this.

Last month apparently I spaced out and wrote the rent check for $28 less than it should have been for. Now, I checked my checkbook to make sure I actually did this and I did. So, I am admitting this mistake. I am not sure why it happened and honestly, I can not remember writing the rent check last month, so… I fucked up. I admit it.

It will be fixed in the next day or two when I write the rent check for this month. I feel bad about it. I am not perfect and never have been, so sometimes mistakes happen. I will do my best to see that it does not happen again.

I also upset someone that I care about yesterday. I spaced out in the middle of our conversation and did not hear exactly what had been said, but it sounded like a question, so I answered said question because I did not want to admit that I spaced on the conversation. I tried to explain, but the damage has been done. I have been thinking about this all night and honestly, this is what is keeping me awake. I spent most of the night crying because I don’t know how to fix this and I want to. Badly.

I made a mistake by not listening to begin with and then by not asking what was said before answering. Sigh. I have such a migraine from all of this and I am not sure how much sleep I will get today. I hate it when people are mad at me. I hate that I feel like I can not fix this. Well, I am off to find something to do. Ciao.

3 comments:

  1. ((((tawnya))))

    i hope you get some rest. the misunderstanding will clear up, and if that person is still mad after you took ownership and tried to make amends then it's their problem, not yours.

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am agreeing with Alaina. Life is happening to everyone at the same time. At least you were there for them to talk at when you may have needed a shoulder.

    Get some rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never hate yourself for being human, Tawnya. And it sounds like your landlord understands that, and your friend doesn't. It always surprises me when people like your friend who never make mistakes aren't more understanding of the rest of us humans.

    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about yourself....