Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Switch Went Smoothly For Once

You know in all the tech dealings I have had, they never ever go smoothly. When we lived at the house and we got U-Verse, it was supposed to be an 8 hour thing but ended up being 12 because something went wrong. When we got Comcast here, something went wrong, so it is safe to say that when I was expecting AT&T I figured that something would go horribly wrong.

Well, the AT&T tech was here on the early side of the appointment time and he was a nice guy. Very funny. Had everything set up and working by the time he left so all I had to do was wait on the gateway to get here. I had to wait on UPS and normally on Tuesday, we go to dinner about 6pm. Which is about the time UPS is in the building. I waited and it was about 6:30 or so and finally Doug had gotten tired of waiting so I left a note on the door for UPS and we went to leave. Got downstairs (I live on the 8th floor) and saw the UPS truck, so I ran back into the building , grabbed the elevator and when I got to my door, here comes the UPS guy with my gateway and my blogging for books book. (More on the book later) I signed for them and put them inside and we left for dinner. I could not hook the gateway up until after 8pm anyway so no big deal.

After dinner came home, opened the box and set to work. It was so EASY!! The instructions on how to hook the gateway up were spot on. Let me tell you, that is not always the case!! I had the gateway up and running, the network secured, my wireless working, and the Wii hooked into the network within an hour. I honestly think that the longest thing was the registering the account. So all in all, I am one happy camper! Everything is working well so far. There was one small glitch today with the voicemail, but it is taken care of now. Thank you AT&T for understanding customer service and doing what it takes to make customers happy. I so appreciate it!! Happy here on the tech front once again, Ciao!

1 comment:

Tell me about yourself....