Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Random Thoughts

Usually because by the time I get to Friday, I only have random thoughts left in my head from the week. I use this kind of an entry to actually get them out of my head. Sorry if it makes no sense to  you all.

An update on my book, I got an email yesterday as well as an voicemail from who I am going to assume ( yeah, I know what happens when I assume) was my academic counselor. Seeing as I have never heard from said academic counselor before, I actually do not know if she is mine or not. Anyway, the email said that it was Next Day Air shipped to me, so that means that I should have it today, finally! Talking to my enrollment guy about this situation for the last technically 4 weeks, but only 3 weeks of class he found out that they shipped said book to someone else who was not in my degree program. Wish I could have been there that day when she got my book. Cause I think he said she was in like medical office billing or something like that.

The voice mail that Doug listened to and told me about was the woman I think is my academic lady. She said it was next day air shipped and I should have it Saturday. Now, I am not a genius or anything but I know that if something is next day air shipped, and it ships on Thursday, it means that who ever (in this case me) will get the item on Friday, not Saturday. Seriously thinking about buying this lady a calendar for Christmas. She also had the nerve to tell me that the first three units of the book are online.

Okay, first of all, I am in the third week of class with no book. Which means, that after this week I have no more online book. Now, had she contacted me a week ago when she was supposed to she would know this and know the reason that we are all freaking out about this.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Kaplan. I really do. I understand that shit happens from time to time. I get that. I am thinking that this lady needs a bit more training though. Seriously. Luckily for me, I have the best enrollment guy on the planet and he really helps me with stuff. He has been so awesome!

I am feeling kind of better today. I think that all the extra sleep is doing me good. I was watching From Russia With Love last night. I fell asleep watching it and woke up at like 10:15pm because the cat jumped on me. Which as it turns out is a good thing in this case. I went to bed. Slept a little extra.

I think that we are going to see my sister from another mister, Trina tonight. I have missed her! Well, and I want to hear all about her outdoor adventures. LOL. I gotta run, I have a couple hours of TV to catch up on. ( Burn Notice and Royal Pains). Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you God speed on that book. I hope you get it today, and most importantly that not having it for 3 weeks won't effect your grade. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping you got your book today. BTW.. I love me some Burn Notice.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about yourself....