Monday, October 3, 2011

Letting Go

This blog entry is about something that I have been thinking about for a while, but never really did. In life, I know that some people will be in your life always and that some people float in and out. I don’t have a problem with that. I have a problem when someone who says they are there forever, decides that they are more important than you or anything else.

Let me back up a bit, I had a friend who I have known for a very long time. He and I have been back in touch for a while and things were fine. Now, you might remember the entry I did about PMS just a while back. If you don’t know big deal. Well, this person decided that I have been lying about that and was using it to just not speak to him. Which is entirely false.

So, it finally came to a head on Saturday when this person called me up and bitched me out and then hung up on me. That apparently was not enough because he then texted me about 11pm that night too. I let all of that go. I understood why he was upset and thought that if I let him cool down we could have a discussion. I was wrong it turns out.

On Sunday after church, I texted him and tried to tell him what was going on. He did not believe me. His right I suppose. He then texted me saying he did not believe me and I told him that I had not been talking to anybody. I turned off my Facebook chat and my IMs. He thought I had an attitude. Again, his right. I did not and if I came across as if I did, it was not intended. He did not believe that either. Ok, fine.

I basically told him that I hope he has a good life and finds what he is looking for. I was trying to end this on a decent note, but he wanted nothing to do with that. So, I had to turn off my phone. I sat and prayed last night about all of this and you know what? Sometimes, you have to be the one to let go. It is not easy and it is not fun, but right now it is for the best for me and my life. Maybe down the road somewhere we can be friends. Maybe not. I don’t know. I feel an inner peace that I have not  had for a while and I am enjoying it for now.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about yourself....