Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bipolar Weather and Five Days

The weather here in my little corner of Michigan has been rather bipolar lately. What I mean by that is during the day lately I have had to have the air conditioning on because it is warm outside. Because I live on the eighth floor of a building and the scientific principal of heat rises comes into play, it can be 10-15 degrees warmer where I live than at ground level. So taking this into account, if it is like 73 on the ground, it is 83-88 degrees here at my house. Which really sucked in the summer, let me tell  you. It works to my advantage in the winter though.

So, lately I have had to have the A/C on during the day and when the sun goes down, I turn it back off and open the windows again because the nights are great. Seriously, it is almost the middle of October, where is my fall temperatures? I miss them! I will share a quirk about me: I am such a die hard Florida girl that I will wear my flip flops until the first snow. I hate regular shoes so much. People up here think I am nuts, but I don’t really care.

School starts in five days. To say that I am looking forward to it is well, an understatement at best. I am a bit nervous though. I know I will be okay once I get into class and get stuff working again. I did not realize how burnt out I was on school until recently. It sort of came as a shock to me. But looking back it makes so much sense. I needed the break I took to decide if I wanted to continue or just quit. I needed time to recharge my batteries and do a little soul searching too. At first, I looked at this time off as a major punishment and did not how I would get through it. Now, I look back grateful for the time to be really sick and to just do some things for fun.

I have my passion for school back and it is nice to feel that way again. It has been a while since I felt this way. I am not sure when exactly I lost the passion for school, but it was totally gone. I got to do some things that I love during my time off. Things like read a book that is not a text book, cook more, try new recipes, just relax and be me for a while. I needed to do those things too. I always feel like there is not enough time in the day a lot of times. I think that I could possibly manage my time better which is one of my goals for my first class.

Getting back in to a routine for school will be challenging after not having to have a schedule for anything for so long. Instead of trying to make my day fit a defined schedule, I think I will see how my class unfolds first before I make my schedule for my day. It seems to work better when I do that. Since I got out of the review classes, I have three less classes to deal with or even think about. Yay! I do still have to take a statistics class, but I think I will be okay with that class. I just have to work harder.

Well, I am going to go! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about yourself....