Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday 2 For 1

Hi everyone! It is time for another edition of Thankful Thursday and there is also an actual entry here too. I will do the entry first then my Thankful lists. As usual, you can play along in the comments or in an entry of your own, if you happen to do your own entry please come back and leave me a link so I can read your Thankfuls. Okay, on to the entry!

This morning I decided to make some sweet tea. It is not hard at all to make if you have a coffee maker. Okay, so it is not  hard at all even if you don’t have a coffee maker. Anyway, we have a brand new coffee maker that had never been used, so since I don’t drink coffee, I commandeered it for tea. Now, I used to make sweet tea in Florida, so it is easy. The only issue that I am having is in Florida I used gallon pitchers, so I had the sugar ratio perfected. I am using a 2 quart pitcher now, so it is a work in progress. But I am excited.

Aside from the fact that it is a new coffee maker and I had no idea where to put the water, which went all over the floor in the first try, it was smooth sailing. I cleaned the water up and tried again and actually found the place where the water went and it was all good from there. It is now in the pitcher chilling in the fridge. Yay me!

I am still looking for dishes. I went back to Salvation Army and the set that I really liked was gone, of course. So, I found something at Wal-Mart, it is not as big as I want, but I will end up with two sets of it before it is all said and done, so that will be fine. At the Salvation Army, I saw a set that had all the dinner plates, salad plates, bowls, cup and saucers, as well as the creamer and a gravy boat. That is what I wanted. Oh well. Serves me right for not getting them then. *sigh*

I actually found a table and chairs that I liked at Wal-Mart too. It is a nice set, but waiting to see if it goes on sale soon. As it stands right now, I have a card table for a dinner table that we do  not use. I need to get it cleaned off so I can start using it for that.

On to the Thankful Thursdays!

  1. I am thankful for God working miracles in my life. Without Him, this would not have turned out as well as it did.
  2. I am thankful for my children, who I love so much even if they don’t think that I do.
  3. I am thankful that my apartment faces East and I can see the sun rise every single morning. It is so beautiful and amazing.
  4. I am thankful that I have Netflix right now. While I am still learning the new channels.
  5. I am thankful for all my readers who continue to share their lives with me and their wisdom as well. I love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Table and chairs needed? Find the estate sales in your area...great finds!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about yourself....