Monday, October 4, 2010

A Sad Day in My Life

215-056-Stephen-J-CannellI know that to some of you this might not make a lot of sense, for that I am sorry. Stephen J. Cannell died over the weekend. This is normally not a big impact on my life, except with the power of Twitter, I actually got to have conversations with the man. Some of you might be wondering who I am talking about. He was the writer/producer in the 80’s and 90’s that had such hits such as A-Team, Hunter, 21 Jump Street, The Rockford Files, and The Commish to name a very few.

He had cancer and by talking to him over the last few months I had no idea. He never talked about it and you did not hear about it in the gossip news either. He was, to me a gracious man who took time out to chat with a big fan. He talked about his shows and his books with me. He had a wonderful sense of humor and was very smart.

I loved our conversations and looked forward to the next one. I will miss him because he was the driving force in TV of my youth. I know he is in a better place and he will be missed dearly. My prayers and thoughts of course go out to his family. Thank you Mr. Cannell for the years of wonderful TV shows. You can rest in peace now. 

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. Mr. Cannell truly was a huge talent. I think it's great you got to "spend some time" with him over Twitter. I know you were a bright spot for him during a challenging time. Thinking of ya! Laurie from Scene of the Grime

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it weren't for technology you wouldn't have had that opportunity how awesome that you got the chance to speak with him, sad to hear he is gone, I hope he is no longer in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only echo the previous comments and that you were able to have your friendship with someone of his stature speaks to his humility and grace. Not to mention how much you have to offer in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tawnya that is so cool you had the opportunity to get to talk with him before he passed away. I'm sorry to hear of this.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about yourself....