Saturday, August 6, 2011

Feeling Better

While I know that today is only Saturday, it was a rough week for me. Although it is ending better than it started admittedly. I am doing better, thank you to all of you who have taken the time to leave comments on here and Facebook. Especially those who have taken the time to email or even call me. I appreciate it more than I can express. Times like this, you really do find out who your friends are.

Okay, so where to begin… Today is a day for me to kind of catch up with stuff. In the middle if the thing with Julie’s mom, I was enrolled in an orientation class for my new school and since it was a do it at your own pace thing, I kinda just blew it off for the week. Now, I did call and explain to my academic person and she was all kinds of cool with it, as long as I get it done. So, I am going to look at that today and start. Not that I am anticipating any kinds of issues with it.

I have learned a very important lesson in all of this last week or so and that is that I have to make time for the important people in my life because you never know what tomorrow will bring. Sadly, that was hammered home to me and I realized that I had not been doing that as of late. So, I am going to try to make that the first thing I do everyday. I know that some days I will fail and that is okay. I am also learning to forgive myself as well.

I have learned that I can only do what I can do, but to at least try. So, I am trying. I miss mom #2 a lot. I know she is watching over me and that feels good. There are certain things that will make me tear up and cry still, but I am getting better at not crying so much. Moving on sucks, but I know it is essential. Moving on doesn’t mean that I will miss her any less or that my heart still is not hurting. Because it is and I will always miss her. I can’t not live my life and I know she would not want that.

So, getting better everyday. Love you Julie and you are on my mind constantly. So is your dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about yourself....