Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Couple of Movies I Want to Talk About

I know that I am woefully behind in my movie watching and I just have to say that barring a new James Bond flick coming out, I can wait until the new movies are on Netflix or IN DEMAND. Although, I have to admit that I would not be spending actual money to see these. Which means waiting until they are out on HBO or Stars for the IN DEMAND.

Last night I saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Now, having just read that book, I was most interested in seeing it. The only really bad thing I have to say is that I wish they would have shown the funeral for Dumbledor and I wish that they would have shown the progression of the Ginny/Harry romance.  I know that they can not take the whole book and make the movie from that, although on an unrelated note that is what they did with The Big Sleep starring Humphrey Bogart. I have the movie and I have read the book and it is almost word for word until the end.

I will have to admit  (if you have not read the book or seen the movie and don’t want me to spoil it, do not read the next sentence, although you know that by my funeral statement that Dumbledor dies) that seeing Dumbledor die and reading about it are two different things. I cried when I read it, but actually seeing it happen in the movie was so.. I don’t think I have the words for it actually.

The other movie I saw last night was The Tourist with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. I loved this movie for a couple of reasons. The first one is that it is set mostly in Italy and I love Italy. The other one is that until  almost at the end, I had no idea how it would end. I really want to say here how it ends, but I won’t. Jolie’s character is in love with a mystery man and is being watched my Scotland Yard and some very bad Russian dudes. The man she is in love with is supposed to have stolen vast amounts of money from both.

This movie was a bit slow on the train, but it picks up once they are in Italy. Boat chases, foot chases, gun fire, etc… Paul Bettany is also in this movie, you might remember him from the DaVinci Code as the monk Silas. The one who whips himself naked. He plays a convincing Scotland Yard agent. Timothy Dalton is in this movie too but not a whole lot and you  have to really be looking for him in the end to recognize him.

All in all a pretty good night for movies I would say…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about yourself....