Friday, May 20, 2011

Love Food & Live Well- A Book Review

I have to admit right off the bat that I had a lot of trouble reading this book. I knew when I chose this book to review that it was a book about diet and God, I think that is what drew me to it in the first place. I usually do not read diet books because they get bogged down in their plan and it is not easy to read or very fun.

For the first ten chapters of this book, I was doing well. It was fun Chantel Hobbs tells her own and very personal story about weight loss and I was honestly hooked. I am personally not someone who can diet. I have tried and I just do not possess the will power to do so, but Chantel’s book is not exactly a ‘diet’ book as others are. Her plan is to eat 80 percent clean and the other 20 percent is yours to do with what you want. To me, it sounded good. As I got deeper into this book it really seemed easy enough.

Then I started losing interest in the book. I would pick up other books to read instead of this one, I picked this book up to read again and I could barely get three whole sentences read. I was just too bogged down to read this again. I forced myself to try and finish this book, but I could not. Chantel has a great writing style and my inability to read this book is all mine and none of it hers at all. I do recommend this book if you are serious about changing your life and hate diets. But ONLY if you are SERIOUS, because otherwise you will not read it all.


Love Food Live Well by Chantel Hobbs (Chapter 1)

I received this book for free from Walter Brook Multnomah for the purpose of review in the Blogging for Books program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about yourself....