Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Monday but Technically Tuesday

My class ended yesterday and today I start a new class. I am waiting for the grade on my final project, I am hoping to keep my 100% in that class. I am applying for a scholarship and I would like to have only A’s and B’s on my transcripts when it is time to send my application. That is my goal. I was up checking out my new class and I thought I would stop by and do an entry now that I have some time.

I have missed blogging, but last week got out of control for me. Not because I did not have a plan, but because life happened and well, we all know what happens then. Friday was Doug’s birthday and I had gotten him an Xbox 360. We went to Olive Garden with his cousin to have a birthday lunch. Which was nice. We were supposed to go out to dinner, but again life intervened and we ended up staying home having delivery from a pizza place down the road. I had pizza and wings, Doug had a sub. They have great food, so I did not mind. Of course, I bought dinner for him.

Saturday, well, Saturday was one of those days that you look back on and ask yourself, where did my day go? Cause I sure did! I ran around with Michael (Doug’s cousin) getting some things taken care of and got home at 4:30pm, then we had to go to Joe and Vickye’s house for dinner for Doug’s birthday at 6pm. Joe’s mom and dad were there too and we all had a great time. They got Doug a couple of things and he was overwhelmed I think because he was not expecting gifts. After we came home, I finally got my project finished for class, so that I could go to church on Sunday with a clear mind.

Sunday was pretty much a day for me to recover from the last couple of days and it was nice and quiet. So, here we are to Monday, well I woke up with a migraine and had it all day. I had already completed my school work, so it was not really a big deal for me to do very little today/yesterday. We had taco salad for dinner as it was quick and easy. Looking to Thanksgiving dinner and getting prepared for that. There have been some things going on with Doug and his job because he has been out on medical leave because of his foot. He had/has a diabetic ulcer on the bottom of his heel. Since he is a diabetic, it is not good. It looks a lot better than it did and it is healing so very slowly.

Apparently some of the information given to him at the store level, was flat out wrong and he found out about that today when he called the corporate office because he got a notice in the mail about him not turning more leave paper work in (he did) and why did he not go back to work. So he called and spoke to a very nice person and got a lot of great information out of the call. While this diabetic ulcer thing is going on, now there is an issue with his big toe and he is concerned about it. So am I. He sees the doctor weekly for his foot, so it is being monitored closely. As a matter of fact, he sees the doctor later today/tomorrow. So, it will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

The weather here has been cool and nice. Rain today. So you know my windows are open!! Not much else going on right now, except I am most likely going to bed now. So, Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back to blogging publicaly. Have a good rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about yourself....