Friday, March 18, 2011

Breath of Angel- A Book Review

Karyn Henley begins the Angeleon Circle with Breath of Angel, in which we find Melaia, a priestess who sees a weary traveler killed in front of her. After this life altering event, things get out of hand. She is given to another Lord as a gift with a special harp that is not hers.
As she travels to the kingdom of Redcliff, she begins to see things she has only heard about in her songs and stories. When she gets to Redcliff, things kind of explode for her as she is taken in as a slave.
As she continues she meets all kinds of beings that she has only heard about in stories and songs. Myths are coming alive right before her eyes.
As I read this book, I was drawn into how the characters were revealed to the reader. At first glance, what you thought you knew about a character turns  out to be wrong later. So many layers to this story make it a very entertaining read.
I read this book in under twenty-four hours, mostly because I was sucked into it and could not put it down. Since this is only book one in a series, it does end a bit abruptly but leaves you wanting to read the next installment right away!!
I had never read this author before but I find her story telling enthralling and entertaining. She slowly reveals things about the characters that keep you turning the pages until the very end.
I received this book for review for free from Walter Brook Multnomah through the Blogging for Books program
Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley (Chapter 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about yourself....